Sunday, May 20, 2012

MSCRM rocks and you can too!

A quick music tip today... back to CRM work tomorrow.
One of the benefits of working on a PC most of the day is I can put on the headphones and crank up the tunes, in between meetings of course. To keep on top of new releases I use muspy. And after a long week of consulting and coding, I try to sneak out and catch a live show. So, to learn about upcoming concerts in my area, I use Songkick.

It would be great if muspy and Songkick got together so that you can enter your favorite bands on just one site and get new release and concerts from one source. My other wish is that they'd at least integrate so that an entry on one site would auto-add to the other site. No luck there either.

What I recommend is to start with Songkick. They make it easy to find and select bands. Then, to get the bands over to muspy, select the band list from Songkick (copy to clipboard), use Notepad++ or similar editor to make the list comma-delimited (create a simple macro), and then paste it in muspy's search/add box. Yeah, this is a one-time data migration, but I had 200+ bands in Songkick and got them over to muspy in about 5 minutes.

So there you go. Now you'll know about upcoming concerts (I just saw that Train is coming to town soon and my wife LOVES Train) and new music releases for only those bands you care about, like Santana (just released) and Joe Satriani (great background music while working).

Cheers,

-Tim

1 comment:

  1. Small business CRM not just all about business but enjoying what you want at the same time earning. In every endeavor we do we should find time to enjoy our self, it's just a matter of selecting the best person who can do our business successful one.




    Joan @ Small Business CRM

    ReplyDelete